AVT Engineering PLLC 718 720-5088 Email INFO@AVTEngineering.com
AVT was founded in 1990 by Mr. Joseph A. Pasaturo PE, who serves as its principal.
- NYS Licensed Professional Engineer, Lic. # 065932
- NYS Licensed Home Inspector, Lic. # 16000005388
- NYS Licensed Commercial Pesticide Applicator, Lic. # C2673396
As principal of AVT Engineering, he is personally involved in all of our engineering and design projects. In addition, only Mr. Pasaturo performs Home Inspections. As his client you will get the care and personal attention you deserve. In his career, he has inspected over 10,000 homes and buildings. He has extensive experience in all aspects of home & building inspections, design and construction.
In his professional capacity he has also served as:
- President NYS Society of Professional Engineers July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2022
- Chairman of the NYS Home Inspection Council
- Vice Chairman of The NYS Board of Engineering & Land Surveying (2009-2011)
- President of the Staten Island Chapter - NYS Society of Professional Engineers
- Chairman-Metropolitan Chapters Presidents Council - NYS Society of Professional Engineers
- Vice President, Professional Engineers in Private Practice - NYS Society of Professional Engineers
- Member of The National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)
- Member of The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
As a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) Mr. Pasaturo has presented presentations on all aspects of home inspection and engineering to various engineering and home inspection organizations. He appeared nationwide on the “Today Show” as their expert home inspector.
There is a difference between a Professional Engineer and a Licensed Home Inspector. By law in practically all states, Licensed Professional Engineers & Registered Architects are the only ones who can legally render an opinion as to the structural integrity of an existing building. Home inspectors cannot offer an opinion as to the structural integrity of an existing building.
To obtain a state license as a Professional Engineer, an individual must satisfy the following requirements:
∙ A 4-year degree in engineering from an accredited university.
∙ Four years of engineering experience.
∙ Satisfactory passing of (2) eight-hour exams administered by the state in the practice of engineering.
Professional Engineers must also follow a strict code of ethics. Engineers, in the fulfillment of their professional duties, shall:
- Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public.
- Perform services only in areas of their competence.
- Issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
- Act for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees.
- Avoid deceptive acts.
- Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully, so as to enhance the honor, reputation, and usefulness of the profession.